Thursday, September 5, 2013

About Myself | 9/6/13

My name is Matthew Reed. I am a freshman entering Bridgewater State University. I am majoring in Communication Studies. The courses I plan to take will likely have a focus on film studies. Movies are one of my interests and I also have a passion for the classics and a passion to make movies.

Film direction is a career I hope to take and I believe that what I will learn here in college will help me better understand what goes on during a production and help me "hone in" my skill.

I also would like to take courses on film critique as that is also an interest. I have written several reviews which I believe are good, but possible amateur at best. For instance, I was a part of my high school newspaper in which I wrote my own short movie reviews.

I don't think I will start off making movies but I can see myself, at least after college, becoming a reviewer for a newspaper.

I hope I will learn all I can from my upcoming college experience that I can take on in later life.

No comments:

Post a Comment